At East Orange General Hospital Emergency Department we are committed to provide the highest quality care to our patients. The newly renovated Emergency Department has an Acute Care Area, Fast Track and a specially-designed, dedicated Forensic and Behavioral Health unit for those patients who require care in a private, secure area. Our ED is equipped to treat Adult, Pediatric, Geriatric, Forensic and Psychiatric patients and is designed to provide every patient and their family the best care in a beautiful and comfortable healing environment. In addition, our calming atmosphere features warm, soft colors and lighting to provide privacy and comfort during your visit or stay.
We are staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by a highly trained team of emergency medicine physicians, who are board certified and assisted by other emergency medicine professionals. East Orange General is a Primary Stroke Center and recognizes that time is essential in an emergency. Our entire staff is dedicated to treating patients as quickly as possible and our experienced team of medical professionals is focused solely on your health, with the facilities and technology necessary to treat you best.
Our specialty treatment areas include:
- Fast Track room where adults with minor injuries are treated and released
- Isolation rooms for patient with infectious diseases
- Private room for OB/GYN
- Private room for casting broken bones
- Private rooms for forensic patients
- Private rooms for psychiatric patients
- On site psychiatric screening
- Large acute area for serious injuries and illness
- State-of-the-art CT and X-ray technology